Sunday, May 10, 2009

Friday

Friday we had class in the morning as usual and then we went to our site visit. I'm not going to lie, I was anticipating a really technical (over my head) site visit seeing as it was engineering based but I was glad to be proven wrong. We went to Ascenx Technologies where we met the owner Tung Bach. Instead of starting with the an overview of his company he decided to tell us more about himself and his life as a Viet Q (oversees Vietnamese who fled the South when the government fell to Communism). His story was amazing and really eye opening! He was sent with his Uncle and Aunt who took him on a boat to escape Vietnam. Though over 1 million people died trying to escape, he survived and now he is bringing his talents and success back to Vietnam. Though I am cutting this short, I don't want this to take away from the importance of his story. He was a very interesting person and his story was amazing, I just don't think I would be given justice to try and explain it on the blog.

Later we had the most AMAZING dinner ever!! I'll explain more...

No comments:

Post a Comment